The Chairman Medical Advisory Committee's Office oversees activities of all Clinical Departments. Ensures comformity with standard ethical Values and Quality Patient Experience.
|1||Boston University School of Medicine||2016|
|2||Stellenbosch University Cape town||2012|
|3||Certificate program in Health Information Management System.||2011|
|4||Certificate program in Health Planning and Management.||2010|
|5||Master in Public Health, University of Ilorin, Ilorin Nigeria.||2010|
|6||MBBS, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.||2001|
|SECONDARY OR TECHNICAL EDUCATION|
|1||Queen Elizabeth School Ilorin||June 1993|
|ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND DIPLOMAS|
|1||1 Post graduate Diploma in Paediatric Nutrition, |
Boston University School of Medicine
|2||Post Graduate Diploma in Paediatric Nutrition and|
Gastroenterology-Stellenbosch University Cape town.
|3||Certificate in Health Management information, University of Ilorin||Aug 2011|
|4||Certificate in Health Planning and Management, University of Ilorin||Aug 2010|
|5||Master Public Health, (MPH) University of Ilorin||April 2010|
|6||Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery MBBS University of Ilorin||October 2001|
|PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND DIPLOMAS|
|1||1 Post graduate Diploma in Paediatric Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine.||Nov.2016|
|2||2 Post Graduate Diploma in Paediatric Nutrition and Gastroenterology-Stellenbosch University Cape town||Oct 2012|
|3||Fellowship FMC Paed, National Post graduate Medical College of Nigeria||Nov 2009|
|4||Certificate in Clinical Research ,Association of good clinical practice in Nigeria||Oct 2007|
|5||Fellowship (Part I) National Post graduate Medical College||Nov 2007|
|6||Fellowship (Primary) West African College of Physicians||March 2003|
|7||7 Fellowship (Primary) National Post graduate Medical College||March 2003|
SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES
Honors roll award for best graduating student in West Africa Examination Council Examinations from Queen Elizabeth secondary school Ilorin Kwara state. June 1993
- Training of trainer on Proposal and dissertation writhing by National Post graduate Medical College of Nigeria Aug 9th 2016 held at the University College Hospital Ibadan.
- Workshop for capacity building for administrators (Executive edition) organized by the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital Ilorin Aug 23rd-25th 2016 held at the University Of Ilorin Researcher Lodge.
- Performance management training organized by UITH in collaboration with Gamma Associates limited. April 15TH 2014 held at the University.
- Workshop on Ethics in Biomedical Research. Organized by Ethical committee, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital June 2013.
- Workshop on Equipping staff for optimum Performance. Organized by University of Ilorin Center for research and development (CREDIT).June 2012.
- Workshop on Towards Excellence in Teaching and Research. Organized by University of Ilorin Center for research and development (CREDIT).Nov 2012.
- Training in Paediatric Nutrition sponsored by Nestle Nutrition Institute/ ESPGHAN-Cape Town South Africa March-October 2012.
- Certificate Training on Health management information system FMOH in collaboration with University of Ilorin June- Aug 2011.
- Training of Counselors and Health Workers from Seven focal States on Infant Feeding Counseling in HIV (AHNi/FHI) April 2010.
- Certificate in Health Resources Management, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, Lagos. 2009
- Certificate in Research Methodology Course, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, 2009.
- Certificate training course on Integrated Maternal and Child Health Services (IMCI) by WHO in collaboration with Federal Ministry of Health FMoH October 2008.
- Certificate training course in Clinical Research and GCP Organised by AGCPN 19th Oct 2007
HONOURS, DISTINCTIONS AND MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Award of outstanding performance in the Nestle Nutrition Institute Paediatric Nutrition training Program in Stellen Bosch University Cape Town pioneer set –May 2013
- Dr Adeoye And Adedayo Adeniyi Prize For Being The Best Clinical Candidate In Clinical Paediatrics in The Year 2010 National Post Graduate Medical College Of Nigeria.
- Emzor Prize For Being The Best Candidate Graduating In Paediatrics In The Year 2010 National Post Graduate Medical College Of Nigeria
- Paediatric Association of Nigeria. (PAN)
- European society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutritionist ESPHGAN.
- Nigeria Society of Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Hepatology and Nutritionist. (NISPGHAN).
- Association of Community Health Physician of Nigeria. (APHPN)
- Nigeria Medical Association. (NMA)
- Medical and Dental Consultant Association. (MDCAN)
- Medical women association of Nigeria (MWAN)
Home based Journal artticle
Home Based Journal Articles: - In-Print
- Saka, A.O., Saka,M.J., Sanya, E.O, Abdul Rahman, L.O, Buhari, M.O. & Olatinwo, A.W.O. (2017):Clinical Skills Training and Structured Internship Orientation Of Medical Interns: Enhancing Professionalism And Quality Of Medical Practice In Nigeria. The Tropical Journal of Health Sciences. 24(3); 14-19, Published by College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin. www.ajol.info/index.php/tjhc/article/view/69618.
- Saka, M.J., Saka, A.O. & Oloriegbe, I.Y. (2017): Overview of Legal Implication and Health Consequences of Human Trafficking in Nigeria. Ilorin Journal of Education.36;1-8, Published by Faculty of Education. University of Ilorin.http/www.unilorin.edu.ng/ejournal/index.php/ije
- Saka, M.J, Akande, T.M., Saka, A.O., Musa,O.I. & Abdulrahim, A. (2015): Marketing Anti Malaria Drugs by CTC MS -Implication of National Malaria Drugs Policy by CTC-MS in Kwara State Nigeria. Ilorin Journal of Marketing. 2(2); 35-48, Published by Faculty of Management Sciences. University of Ilorin. http/www.unilorin.edu.ng/ejournal/index.php/ijm
- Adedoyin, O.T., Ibrahim,M., Johnson, W. B. R., Ojuawo, A. I., Mokuolu, O.A., Ernest, S.K., Adesiyun, O., Adegboye, A.O. A., Akanbi II, A., Odimayo, S., Adebara, O.V. & Saka, A.O. (2013): Bacterial isolates of blood in children with suspected septicemia in a Nigerian Tertiary Hospital. The Tropical Journal of Health Sciences. 20(1); 31-36, Published by College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin. www.ajol.info/index.php/tjhc/article/view/69618.
- Saka, M.J., Abdul, F. I., Saka, A.O., Odusola, P.O., Okesina, B.S., Bako, I .A. & Tobin, E. A. (2012): Assessment of infrastructure and commodities supply in Nigeria private health facilities: Implication on the implementation for maternal and child care policies. The Tropical Journal of Health Sciences. 19(1); 31-34, Published by College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin. Available online at http://www.ajol.info/index.php/tjhc/about.
- Adeboye, M.A.N., Gobir, A.A, Ibrahim,O.O.K., Adegboye, O.A. & Saka, A.O. (2017): Suspected Child Abuse of an Infant to the Point of Death by the Father - Need for Enforcing Protection Acts for Nigerian Children. The Tropical Journal of Health Sciences. 24(2); 39-42, Published by the College of Health Science University of Ilorin. Available online at http://www.ajol.info/index.php/tjhc/about.
Home based Journal Articles: -Accepted for Publications
- Saka, A.O., Saka, M.J., & Olatinwo, A.W.O.: Enhancing Quality of Health Care Delivery in Nigeria Through Public-Private Partnership in Health Sector. Ilorin Journal of Marketing. Publication of Faculty of Management Sciences. University of Ilorin. (Letter of Acceptance dated 31/5/2016).
National publication Journal Articles: - In-Print
- Adeboye, M.A.N., Abdulkadir,M.B., Adegboye, O.A., Saka, A.O., & Rotimi, B.F., (2016): A Prospective Study of Spectrum, Risk Factors and Immediate Outcome of Congenital Anomalies in Bida, North Central Nigeria. Ann Med Health Sci Res. 6(6); 380–384, Published by PMC. Available at .http://doi.org/10.4103/amhsr.amhsr_108_13
- Adeboye, M.A.N., Adegboye, O.A, Yusuf. A.S., Saka, A.O, Akintola, M.A, Ayeni, A.S , Adebayo, A.B., Olorunsola, S, & Buhari, T. (2013): Massive subgaleal haematoma in a 5 year old child – A case report. Niger J Paed . 40 (2); 195 –197. Published by the Paediatric Association of Nigeria. http://njpaediatrics.com/
- Saka, M.J., Saidu, R., Saka, A.O. & Balogun, H.O.(2012): Contraceptive Use among Adolescents in University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital UITH North Central Nigeria. West Africa Journal of Assisted Reproduction. 2(1); 50- 52, Published by Nigeria Fertility Society. http://www.wajar.info/vol2no1.html.
- Jimoh, A.A.G., Saka, M.J., Saidu, R., Salaudeen, G.A.S., Saka, A.O. , Raji, H.O., Yahaya, L.A., Balogun, O.R., Ijaiya, M., Omokanye, L., & Dare, J. (2011): Sperm Bank Scheme And Surrogacy Institution;-willingness And Utilization of Assisted Reproductive Technology Among Women of Reproductive Age Group in Ilorin. Nigeria. West Africa Journal of Assisted Reproduction. 2(1);33-39, Published by Nigeria Fertility Society. Available online at < a href="http//www.wajar.info/voml" target="blank">http//www.wajar.info/voml
- Saka,M.J., Saka,A.O., Latinwo, A.W.O., & Raji, H.O. (2011): The therapeutic value of adjustment practices and coping with grandchildren for menopausal women in Nigeria. Publication of Gender and Behavior. 9(2); 3916-3924, Published by International Society of Psychological Studies OAU Ile Ife Nigeria. http://www.ajol.info/index.php/gab/article/view/72119
- Abdulkarim, A.A., Saka, A.O., Oloko, G. & Durowaye, M. (2007): Suspected Multidrug Resistant Tuberculosis: A case report. Nigerian Journal of Paediatrics. 34 (1 & 2); 43-47, Published by the Paediatric Association of Nigeria . < a href="http://njpaediatrics.com/" target="blank">http://njpaediatrics.com/
National Journal Articles: -Accepted for Publications
- Saka, A.O., Saka, M.J., Odunewu, M.A., & Akinwale, S.G.: Cost Analysis and Policy Implication of Physiotherapy Management of Cerebral Palsy in Nigeria. Bayero Journal of Evidence-Based Physiotherapy. Published by Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Bayero University Kano, (Accepted January 22, 2017)
- Saka, M.J, Saka, A.O. & Akinwale A.S.: Quality of Life of Children with Cerebral Palsy: Accumulative Effect of Physiotherapy Intervention in North Central and South West Nigeria. African Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences (AJPARS). College of Medicine University of Ibadan Nigeria, (Letter of Acceptance 5/05/17).
- Adeyemi, O.O., Saka, O.A. & Ojuawo, I. A. The pattern of bacteremia and sensitivity of bacterial isolates in children with severe protein energy malnutrition at the university of Ilorin teaching hospital, Ilorin, Nigeria. Nigeria Research Journal of clinical science. Journal of Faculty of clinical science, Delta state University, Abraka, (Accepted for publication 23rd May 2017).
Journal Articles: - In-Print
- Abdur-Rahman, L.O., Oyedepo, O., Nasir, A. Saka,A.O., Johnson,W.B.R., & Olatinwo, A.W.O., (2015). Facilitation of surgical --skills acquisition by interns through simulation at UITH, Nigeria. Canadian journal of surgery. Vol. 58 (4 Suppl 1) 7-10, Published by Canadian University Departments of Surgery. http//canjsurg.ca.
- Saka, M.J., Aremu, A.S. & Saka, A.O. (2014): Soil-Transmitted Helminthiasis: Prevalence Rate and Risk Factors Among Schoolchildren in Ilorin, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Sanitation. 9(2); 139-145, Published by University of Technology, Surabaya and Indonesian Society of Sanitary and Environmental Engineers, Jakarta. Available online at https://www.trisanita.org/index.html.
- Saka, A.O., Saka, M.J. Akande, T.M., & Rakiyat, S. (2013): Mean Score and Ranking Scale Measurement on the Impact of Health Education on Behavior Change Communication of Menopausal Women in North Central Nigeria. The Journal of the North American Menopause Society. 20(12); 69-72, Published by the Menopause American Menopausal Society. Available online at http://www.menopause.org/doc/defaut-source.
- Adesiyun, O. O. Adeboye, M. A. N., Saka, A.O., Abdulkadir, M.B., Oloko, A.G.Y., Lawal, R. I. & Mokuolu, O. S. (2010): Successful outcome of an abandoned baby infested with maggots Inj Prev. 2010;16(2):504-507, Published by BMJ. http://injuryprevention.bmj.com
- Adesiyun, O.O., Adeboye, M. A. N., Abdurrahman, L.O., Saka, A.O., Oloko, A .G. Y., Lawal,R. I.,Mokuolu, O. S., & Gobir, S. (2010): Necrotising fasciitis following circumcision of a male child by a quack – a danger sign. Inj Prev 2010;16 (1): 505-508,Published by BMJ. http://injuryprevention.bmj.com
- Saka, M.J., Saka, A.O.& Adebara, V.O. (2010): Prevention of Nosocomial Infections in the New born: The Practice of Private Health Facilities in Rural Communities of Nigeria. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 1(9); 1-10, Published by eMed Publication and Research for the International Society for Infectious Diseases United Kingdom. Available online http://emedpub.com/prevention-of-nosocomial-infections-in-the-new-born-the-practice-of-private-health-facilities-in-rural-communities-of-nigeria/